URI is actively making New Haven a better city in which to live, work, and play, and we offer a variety of ways to get involved. Thank you in advance!
- Request a tree. (New Haven locations only)
- Volunteer with Community Greenspace. Volunteer with the Botanical Garden of Healing. Sign up to be a tree ambassador and/or Greenspace volunteer. Learn more about becoming a Tree Ambassador. We host some winter Greenspace workdays and have many more volunteer workdays in the summer. Sign up to volunteer on a specific day. To locate the Greenspace site nearest to you, check out the Greenspace map.
- Help maintain bioswales in the curbstrips if you live near one.
- Donate to URI to support tree planting, green jobs training, and community-led urban greening. Make a special gift to support the Botanical Garden of Healing Dedicated to Victims of Gun Violence.
- Follow URI on social media (Facebook, X -formerly known as Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Check out URI’s events webpage for information on special events, workshops and guest speakers.